About Dr. Ann
» Meet Dr. Ann
» Recent News
» Photo Gallery
Dr. Ann's List of Superstar Foods for Appetite Control
- Healthy animal proteins -- fish, shell fish, skinless poultry, omega-3 eggs, low-fat dairy products (especially plain Greek yogurt).
- Plant proteins -- whole soy foods, nuts, seeds, and beans (especially beans!).
- Non-starchy veggies -- cabbage, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, collards, carrots, onions, leeks, tomatoes, asparagus, spinach, dark lettuces, bell peppers, avocados.
- Non-tropical fruits -- berries, cherries, plums, apples, pears, grapes, kiwi, peaches, and melon.
- Physically in-tact whole grains -- oats, brown rice, barley, bulgur, quinoa and kasha.
- High fiber cereals -- choose those with at least 5 grams of fiber per serving (avoid those with >10 grams of sugar).
Simple Guidelines for a Healthy Diet [ARTICLE]